This page will provide instructions on how to connect a computer running Windows XP OS to the eduroam network.
NOTE. This instruction was written using a standard Windows XP SP3 and standard Windows WiFi network configuration environment.
1. Move mouse cursor on a WiFi network icon on the left-hand corner of the screen and right-click mouse button. In the window that opens select View Availabe Wirelesss Networks
2. In the window Windows Network Connection select Change advanced settings.
3. In the window Wireless Network Connection Properties select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties
4. In the window Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically, then click OK
5. Go back to tab Wireless Network Connection Properties and select Wireless Networks and click Add
If you have connected to Eduroam before, then in the window Wireless Network Connection Properties select eduroam and click Properties.
6. After step 5 Wireless network properties window shall open. Please indicate the following:
- “Network name (SSID)” – “eduroam”;
- “Network Authentication” – “WPA”;
- “Data encryption” – “TKIP”.
7. After entering and selecting information and parameters, go to Authentication tab. Find EAP type set Protected EAP (PEAP) and click Properties.
8. In Protected EAP Properties put ticks on Validate server certificate and Enable Fast Reconnect.
In the field Trusted Root Certification Authorites select vdu.lt and make sure to put a tick on it.
Finally, in the field Select Authentication Method select Secure password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click Configure.
IMPORTANT. You will be able to find vdu.lt, only if you have installed VDU CA root certificate.
9. In the window EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties remove a tick mark from Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
10. Finish computer configuration by clicking OK on all windows.
11. To connect to eduroam, on the left-hand corner you should see Wireless Network Connection notification Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for connection to the network eduroam. Move mouse cursor on the message and left–click mouse button
12. In Enter Credentials window enter firstname.lastname@example.org (for students: email@example.com) and VPS user password.
If all steps are completed successfully, you should be connected to eduroam WiFi network. If the window Enter Credentials does not pop up, check if all settings remain unchanged.